6/05/2009

7 Days and Counting...

...until Eva and I bust out of this place and head into the back-country for some camping and fishing on the Taylor.

I doubt I'll blow the doors off the river like Zach over at Fly Fishin' Fool - mainly because of my inability to grow an uber-sick carpet of chin hairs, and the simple fact that he is deadly with a fly rod.

But it will be nice to get away, all the same, and possibly land a few biggies in the process, even if it is just a quick weekend trip.


Pitching a tent in the Taylor Park area, and fishing the Taylor River....oh yeah, it's a much needed break from the day-to-day grind that is whittling me down to a dull nub. Although it's not going to be as long as I would have liked, due to a vacation black-out at work, which is seriously starting to piss me off (along with this annoying squeak in my chair). (July 2008 top - netting a pig during a quick 'guerilla' trip to the Taylor. Lower Right - camping and riding near Tin Cup with my son)

Last September, I spent a few hours on this stretch of water and wound up hooking 4 fish - 2 of which snapped my 5x like it was 8.0 thread.

This time around, we'll have a full day to harass the denizens of the river, so the haul should be a little more satisfactory. (left - reeling in a Taylor sub)

While it's not going to be the extended, relaxed weekend that we were hoping for, it should hold us over until we can make it out again (hopefully in July). And next time, we'll see if we can't get to the Gunnison, as well, like we had originally planned (Jeff, we'll need to pick your brain, bro!).

And yeah, we'll be hitting K's Old Fashioned Burgers while in Buena Vista....which has some pretty good stuff - until I move there and open my own burger joint. Bwaaahaaahaaa!

BTW, my 5 year old son took the picture to the right, below and the one at the top, of me netting the fish. I think he may give Alex over at Fat Guy Fly Fishing a run for his money in a few years.


No comments: